Important Customer Information
All orders are accepted by Revolution Education Ltd, trading as ‘picaxestore.com’. We display both inclusive and exclusive VAT prices. All UK and EU residents pay inclusive VAT prices. Customers outside the EU do not pay VAT - it will be automatically removed from your basket when the delivery country is entered at checkout. The currency of invoices is GB£ (Pounds Sterling), any other currency displayed is for guidance only as the payment will be made in UK£ and credit card exchange rates may alter slightly. The price of all products is clearly displayed within our online store. This is the actual price you will pay for the product without any ‘hidden extras’. The final UK£ price displayed within your basket is the price you will pay.
You may pay online via a safe, secure, credit card transaction for immediate despatch, or you may prefer to print out your basket and send it to us with a cheque (UK customers may aslo make an online bank transfer).
Postage and Delivery
- UK high value orders over 2kg in weight are despatched by courier. High value orders under 2kg in weight are despatched by the Royal Mail Special Delivery service. Low value orders under 2kg in weight are despatched by First Class Post.
- UK postage charges are shown in the basket and vary according to order value and weight. Orders over £50 are sent by insured Special Delivery (or courier) for a charge of £8.00. You may also optionally choose to pay £8.00 for the next day 'Special Delivery' service on urgent smaller orders. The Special Delivery service has a size and weight limit, so bulky and/or heavy orders will be sent by 5pm next day courier instead.
- Overseas postage charges are variable depending on destination, order weight and value. The price will be displayed in your basket at check out. Customer is responsible for any local duty or tax charges (not included).
- Displayed overseas postage charges are for parcels under 2kg in weight sent by RoyalMail.com Signed forAirmail Service. Estimated Delivery Times
Parcels over 2kg will be subject to additional charges and will be sent by FedEx courier.
- Packaging materials are recycled wherever possible to help safeguard the environment.
- All stock levels are displayed within the product desciption. All in-stock items are generally despatched within 48 hours. Please allow up to 28 days delivery for out of stock items.
- For rapid despatch we recommend secure online payment by credit card. We use the Sagepay payment gateway. We accept most internationally recognised credit or debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, Switch, Delta, Sola as well as PayPal. We do not accept American Express.
- UK Cheque. UK residents may also pay by UK cheque - please select 'cheque payment' at checkout. Please ensure that cheques are made out to: REVOLUTION EDUCATION LTD and are crossed "Payee Only". Please note that despatch will not take place until the cheque has cleared - this can often take 10 days or more.
- UK customers can also make a UK bank transfer direct into our account. Payment must be in GB£ (Pounds Sterling). Please use your order number and account name as the transfer reference. Overseas commercial customers may also make a bank transfer, as long as the sender pays all bank fees. Failure to pay the bank fees will cause cancellation of your order. Bank details are displayed on the 'Contact Information' page.
- Credit Terms. Automatic credit account facilities are available to all schools and colleges registered in the UK. See below for more details.
Returns / Shortages
We are committed to customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please email us with details.
We will then arrange for you to return the goods to us, and we will either exchange the goods, provide a credit note or issue a full refund. Please note that all returns/shortages must be reported within 7 days of receipt. Return postage cost is your responsibility and we recommend you use an insured postal service with proof of posting.
- Returned goods must be in the received condition, in all original packaging.
- Self-assembly kits and software must be unopened and/or unassembled.
- ICs / microcontrollers cannot be returned after handling out of anti-static tubing.
Educational Orders / Credit Terms
All UK educational institutions have automatic account facilities. Overseas educational institutions may open an account upon request. To complete an educational order complete the order using the 'Educational Invoice' payment option. Print out the order and then send/fax it to us with your Official Purchase Order. Educational orders cannot be processed without an Official Order Number.
Credit Terms are available to other business customers subject to status and annual estimated purchases of more than £500. Payment is due 30 days from the invoice date without any deductions whatsoever. If the Credit Customer fails to make any payment on the due date, then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Revolution, it shall be entitled to;
- Cancel the order and suspend further deliveries
- Appropriate any payment made by the Customer to such of the products (or products supplied under any other order) as Revolution may think fit
- Charge an administration fee for any legal or other actions required to recover monies due
- Charge interest on the unpaid amount from the due date at a rate of 4% per month.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of those using our site and the confidentiality of the personal information which our customers provide us with. We use the information we collect to ensure that orders are processed smoothly. We are keen to make the experience of shopping online as engaging as possible, so individual information may also be used to personalise the website. Your personal information is safe with us
We will never sell personal information or share personal information with third parties unrelated to our associated companies. We use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
- When you place an order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address and payment details. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to keep you up to date on their progress.
- Information on your purchases enables us to personalise the site and to recommend titles that may be of interest to you.
- How customers use our site and the feedback they give us helps us develop and enhance the site.
- If you respond to a promotion or competition we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so that we can fulfil the promotion, notify competition winners and track the popularity of our marketing activity.